Land junction of Liverpool Lawn and Adelaide Gardens, Ramsgate
- This site was located within the Ramsgate Conservation Area close to a number of Grade II listed buildings.
- The project involved the demolition of a corner bungalow and its replacement with a series of 8 townhouses.
- Pre-application discussions were held with officers and local amenity societies and a presentation was made to the South East Regional Design Panel (SERDP) who independently audited the design.
- The main planning issues included the design, scale, siting of the redevelopment proposal and the lack of parking and garden space.
- The scheme was refused by members due to the level of local opposition but was successfully secured when an appeal Inspector agreed with the evidence presented by Hume Planning.
- The recently completed development project (shown above) whilst a high density scheme is now generally considered to represent an enhancement of the streetscene.
- This example helps to show how an individually tailored scheme together with high quality execution of the detailing by the builder can secure positive change.